Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

Hi, I have a front loader NA-140VX3 it is not draining U11 I

I have a front loader NA-140VX3 it is not draining U11

I have drained all 180 litres through the hose at filter and checked filter and the blockage is not there.

What should I do now?
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Welcome, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be helping you with your problem today. If anything isn't clear, please just ask me.

Sorry for the delay in replying, I only just came online and saw your question. Are you still looking for help with this?

Please don't rate my answer until we have explored all possible avenues. Please just use the reply button to contact me.

This sounds like either the pump has failed otr there is a blockage.

Can you tell me, did you find any foreign objects in the filter?

Does the wwaste hose just sit in a stand pipe at the back?

Thanks
Rob
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Rob,

There was nothing of significance in the filter. I generally check it on the 1st of each month and find more in it then.

The drain pipe sits in a outlet pipe at the back of the machine and beside the laundry sink. i have looked down both and they are clear up to where I can see. With the drain pipe it is clear up until where it enters the machine at he back top.

Thanks

Pip!

Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Hi Pip

Thanks

On this machine there should be a "drain" only position.

Please set the machine on this and turn it on. You should hear the drain pump running.
Please let me know what you hear

Thanks
Rob
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Rob,

I have looked for the drain option on the machine and could not locate it.

My operating instructions booklet shows the symbol but it is a booklet for my model NA-140VX3 and for another NA-148VX3

Thanks

Pip!

Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Hi Pip

OK, lets try something else

There will be a spin only setting.
On this setting the drain pump should be on as well
First open the filter to make sure no water is left in there.
Refit the filter.
Start any cycle and let some water in, then turn it off.
Put a bucket on the top of the machine and put the waste hose into it

Now select the spin cycle and hold the hose in the bucket. The water should be pumped out, Be ready to turn off the machine if it looks like the bucket will over fill

Let me know if the water came out with a decent pressure

Thanks
Rob
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Rob,

Apologies I finally found the drain only function under MODE. There is a whiring noise but I don't know if that is the pump.

I will try out your next option now.

Thanks

Pip!

Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Hi Pip

Well done
Let me know what happens

Thanks
Rob
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Rob,

No water came out at all.

Thanks

Pip!

Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Hi Pip

Thanks

Can you undo the filter at the front and get the water out, like you did before? There will be a large amount of water there

When you look into the opening of the filter, can you see a fan shaped impeller?

Thanks
Rob
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Rob,

I have drained the water and peered into the opening for the filter and can only see the hose at the back bending away.

Thanks

Pip!

Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Hi Pip

Unfortunately it seems that there is either a blockage after the pump, or the pump itself has failed.

The only way we will know for sure is to take the hose and the pump out.

This requires some dismantling of the machine and then testing of the pump with a multimeter.
You may feel at this point, that you would prefer to call in someone. If so, I always recommend you ask neighbors and friends to recommend someone to you, rather than picking someone from the phone book!

If you do this yourself, please let me know how you get on and the outcome.
A word of warning, pleas do not turn the machine over, as you will likely damage some internal components. You should only work with the machine in the upright position

If you need more help, please just ask.
In the meantime,

Can I ask you to take a moment and rate my response? Please use the smiley faces which you should now see. Please remember you are rating me personally, not the website or the problems you have had with this machine.
If you need to ask me anything after rating, please just follow the link in the welcome email
Thanks
Rob

Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.