Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

Hotpoint Ultima FDW80P Error AL01 I have checked the filters

Hotpoint Ultima FDW80P Error AL01
I have checked the filters and all pumps all appear OK. There is no water collecting in the base and I get the same error code if i disconnect the flood warning switch. the switch is working correctly. If I leave the DW off for several hours, it might fill with water then empties almost immidiately then displays AL01. If I cancel the code by holding the power button, most times the code does not cancel but the display switches off. If left in this state the empty pump will start up again then the display comes back to life showing error AL01. Any ideas?
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you! If the switch is disconnected and you still get the same error, the control is reacting by itself and will likely need to be replaced. The erratir behavior also suggests the electronic control will need to be replaced.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Kelly,

Thanks for your reply. I suspected as much, however, which board is the electronic control board? There are two boards. One has the control buttons and LCD display and the other is connected to that board and has connections from all the other components.

Best regards

The main board is the one that everything plugs in to. The one with the buttons and display is just a low voltage interface.