Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

zanussi dishwasher zdt6053 starts wash, then drains water and

Customer Question

zanussi dishwasher zdt6053 starts wash, then drains water and alarm sounds three times. The same on any cycle.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be helping you with your problem today. If anything isn't clear, please just ask me.

Can you tell me which of the lights flash as well?

Thanks
Rob
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Whichever programme you put the dishwasher on - that's the light that flashes when it stops. So if I put it on an eco wash the eco light would flash, and so on.

Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Hi Jim

Thanks

It sounds like the machine has water in the base, where the pumps are.

This sets the flood guard and the discharge pump will run continuously in an effort to protect the electrics in the base.
Turn off the electric.
Pull machine forward.
Put towels down behind the machine.
Tilt machine back at 45 degrees.
Water will come out the back.
The machine should now be reset.
If this re occurs you have a leak and will need to find it and rectify it .

If you need more help, please just ask me.

In the meantime,

Can I ask you to take a moment and rate my response? Please use the smiley faces which you should now see. Please remember you are rating me personally, not the website or the problems you have had with this machine.
If you need to ask me anything after rating, please just follow the link in the welcome email
Thanks
Rob

Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks very much - fantastic quick response - I will let you know how I get on.

Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Hi Jim

Your welcome

Please don't forget to rate, you can still come back after rating, the question wont close

Thanks
Rob
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Rob,

I just wanted to let you know that there was no water in the base, and no visible sign that water was there before, so I'm not sure what this means now. Do you have any other idea's of what could have caused this? Could it be the sensor?

Thanks

Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Hi Jim

Strange !!
Normally the three beeps is a flood protection fault.

Start a new cycle, it should drain the water first for approximately 1 minute.
This should stop, then the water should enter.
This stops and the washing pump starts to spray the water around.

Tell me exactly what happens and when the fault appears etc, also any lights on the fascia

Thanks
Rob
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Ok, any cycle you put the dishwasher on first of all it drains for about 10 seconds, after that the alarm beeps three times, then stops, pauses for about 2 or three seconds, then beeps three times again. This process continues until you turn it off using the power button. The lights on the top of the facia flash along with the beeping. The only light that flashes is the one that you turned the cycle to. i.e; if I put it on a pots and pans wash, then the pots and pans light is flashing.

I hope this helps!

Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Hi Jim

Thanks
Its consistent with water in the base.

OK, disconnect from the power supply.

Remove the lower kick panel, look in there and you should see a polystyrene float.

Make sure that this is free to move up and down.
You should hear a switch click as you raise the float, and click again as it lowers

Let me know

Rob
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks I will give this a try and let you know.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes the float is free, and moves fine along with the clicks.

Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Hi Jim

In that case it kind of narrows it down to it being a bad control board.

The machine is acting like it has flooded , yet it hasn't.

Can you tell me how old it is please?

Thanks.
Rob
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi I'm not sure of the age as it was here when we moved in.

Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Hi Jim

OK

If it is the controller, it is an expensive part, so may not be worth the cost.

Let me have your postcode and Ill try and find an all inclusive quote, as this will include all spares

thanks
Rob
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Cheers it's LU4 0HX

Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Hi Jim

What a small world.

I recognise that as a Luton postcode, where Electrolux used to have a large factory. I used to work for them for many years. Electrolux now owns Zanussi !!

OK
The all in price is £125
This includes the call out, all labour, all parts and the vat.
If it is the controller, this really is the best way to get it put right.
Or, you may prefer to put the money toward a new machine, your choice, but at least you know.

To book the repair, please call Repaircare on 0844 557 3701

THanks
Rob
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Great thanks - i will discuss with my partner and let you know.

And yes, Electrolux is round the corner!

Best Regards

Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Hi Jim

Your welcome

all the best

Rob