Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Have been working on all major appliances for 25 years

the belt of my frigidaire dryer need changinmg, I allready

the belt of my frigidaire dryer need changinmg, I allready bought the belt but I cannot get into the belly of the dryer to actually install it, I tried removing the back plate but it seems that IO cannot get in from that direction, I have searched and tried buyt I just cant find a way in, how do I get into the innards of the dryer to install the new belt....my model number is XXXXX the serial number is XXXXX
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem today. Thanks for trusting JA to help you with this appliance question.

Can you give me a minute to look that model number up please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

okay, am waiting, thank you very much

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Ok Kieth thanks for that.

What you are going to do here is grab a putty knife and slide it in the gap between the front panel and top panel about 3 inches from each end. Push the clips holding the top panel on it should pop up.

graphic

Next lift the top up then look inside the machine, you will see a couple of screws one either side, disconnect the door switch then remove the screws, lift the door panel out.

Now you will have access to replace the belt.

I would like to earn your highest rating, if you are not totally satisfied with my answer please hit the continue button.

If I have answered your questions to your satisfaction please feel free to come back at any time after rating me "Excellent service" for additional questions you may have at no further charge :)

Sometimes I will have to give bad news, Please try to find it in yourself to rate me for the service not the bad news.

Thanks!

Mike.

Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: Have been working on all major appliances for 25 years
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hi Kieth,

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? If you are still having a problem please feel free to come back for additional assistance.

Let me know,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

your answer helped me greatly, I managed to change the belt without any hitches, I could not have done it without your expert guidance on how to get into the bellie of the machine, the washer is working smoothely now thanks to you............

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the positive rating. It was my pleasure helping you. Please get back to me here at any time if you have additional questions :)