Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Hello Zanussi ZWD 1680w, main bearings replaced, water heater

Customer Question

Hello Zanussi ZWD 1680w, main bearings replaced, water heater element went, replaced, dryer element went, replaced, dryer thermistor went, replaced. now the pump runs with the door open when the programmer is turned on ?
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you! Wow, you have had some history with this machine! The pump running constantly indicates that the flood system has activated because water has leaked into the cabinet. Once the water has been dried up, normal operation will be restored. You can then address the leak and see why the flood cycle was activated.

Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know!. You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!

Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience: Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hello Kelly

Thanks for the advice, i can now see why this happened. i dropped a screw from the thermistor and leant the machine over to get underneath to retrieve it. that's where the water came from. i'm still not getting any heat from the dryer though ?

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
You may have tripped a thermal reset if the water got near any of the electrical components. They usually have a red reset button in the middle of them. Do you have a meter to test with?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi man, just not had a chance to get the dryer sorted yet, up to eyes at work. The good lady is happy the washer is going and the weather is good for drying outdoors. Try and look this week. Did check the the thermal do dah with the reset button on it beforehand, will check again

steve

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Sounds good, just reply when you can, there is no time limit!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the dryer is running, the reset was ok but the element didn't kick in until the timer was on for more than the preset 11mins. but the hearings have gone in the fan unit !!!. Would you know the bearing part numbers to save stripping it to find them ?. nightmare.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
I don't think the bearings in the fan are replaceable. The fan unit is sold as an assembly, available below.

CLICK HERE

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Kelly,

they are, there just not available from the manufacturer. you have to buy them from a bearing supplier, i'll pull the unit and post some pics.

Steve

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Okay, sorry I could not locate them.