Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

Hi I have a Miele G1142SC dishwasher. It has developed a

Hi
I have a Miele G1142SC dishwasher. It has developed a problem whereby it seems to get stuck on the initial pump cycle and then doesnt switch off unless disconnected at mains. Is this something you can advise on?
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX X look forward to helping you! There is water in the base of the machine below the wash tub and the machine is in "flood mode."

You will need to dry out the lower base to restore normal operation.

Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave.

If you have any other questions, please let me know!. You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. Can you explain a little more what you mean?

How do I dry out the lower base and why should that be causing the problem?

Is there something I can do to stop it happening again?

Thanks

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Absolutely, sorry for not explaining in more detail. When there is a leak and water gets in the base of the machine, it raises a styrofoam float that normally rests on the floor of the plastic base under the wash tub. At the top of that float is a small switch that gets activated when the rod attached to the styrofoam hits it. To rid the water, you can tip the machine and allow it to drain naturally out or use a towel and a wet vac. I usually use a wet vac and towel because tipping it will require uninstalling it. Please let me know if you have other questions!
Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience: Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks Kelly. Great info. Really helpful and good to know the reason for these things!

It does now seem to be working ok after a break.

Final question: Is it likely that we have a leak that will continue to cause this problem, or can it be a one off event?

If it is a leak. where is it most likely to be coming from and what should I do?

Thanks

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Most oftett imes, the leak occurs when the lower spray arm gets blocked and the water is not directed properly and it leaks over the front lip of the tub. If you run a cycle and it does not leak again, that is what likely caused it.

Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know!. You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Awesome. Lets hope thats what it was. This is a brilliant system!

I will accept your answer(S!) now

Thanks for the detail