Drcool
Drcool, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  i am an expert in the Home Appliance category in the US. been in the field for more than 12 years.
11923974

Hi, I have whirlpool integrated fridge freezer, model number

Hi, I have whirlpool integrated fridge freezer, model number a853976115010 70/30 the fridge was not cooling very well, but if I lowered temp to max cooling, most things froze, so I had a local guy look at it. he thought the thermostat needed changing, which he did. I bought a fridge thermometer so I could keep an eye on temps. However I still have the same problem, frozen food on set 7, but unsafe temp in fridge (according to thermo ) on anything below. I don't want to keep spending money on repairs,if at the end of the day I could spend the same sort of money on a new FF. What sort of cost could I incurr if it was the gas or compressor or both. ( just ball part figure will do )

Drcool :

Hello, I would say if it is just the refrigerant gas, labor materials would be around $250-$350 US...but if it is a compressor problem, it would shoot up to about $500 to $650 US.

Customer:

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX the estimates quoted comparable for the uk?

Drcool :

Hello, It should be more or less the same .Just convert the amount to your currency.

Customer:

Thank you.