Drcool, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  i am an expert in the Home Appliance category in the US. been in the field for more than 12 years.

I have a Neff K5930 fridge freezer. Yesterday I used the water

I have a Neff K5930 fridge freezer. Yesterday I used the water and ice dispensers with no problem but then suddenly they stopped working. Not only that but the water dispenser light stays on permanently and none of the buttons other than the door open alarm work. The word "lock" has appeared at the bottom of the central display. The filter change is highlighted - has been for the last couple of weeks but I haven't yet changed the filter.

Drcool :

Hello, did you try unlocking the keypad? try pressing the alarm button for 5 seconds or until the "Lock" dis appear on the display. I think the child lock has has been turned on.

Hey that's it! Thanks so much. The instruction book is worse than hopeless - it didn't even mention the "lock"!!