Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Have been working on all major appliances for 25 years
22302088

My Hoover machine fills with thick frothy soap that then overflows

My Hoover machine fills with thick frothy soap that then overflows from the dispenser in a large quantity. When I stop the machine the soap inside dies down but the door feels much hotter than the 30' I set it at. I use gel wash directly into the drum because there is always some left in the dispenser. Is this gel (Fairy Non-Bio) to blame?
Hello my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem today. Thanks for trusting JA to help you with this appliance question.

Hi no there is a small item of clothing or the gel packs stuck in the tube that runs from the dispenser to the tub, you will need to remove the top of the machine then remove the tube running from the dispenser to the tub. Clear anything out you find.

You may also be able to clear the blockage by removing the dispenser drawer.

I would like to earn your highest rating, if you are not totally satisfied with my answer please hit the continue button.

If I have answered your questions to your satisfaction please feel free to come back at any time after rating me "Excellent service" for additional questions you may have at no further charge :)

Sometimes I will have to give bad news, Please try to find it in yourself to rate me for the service not the bad news.

Thanks!

Mike.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for your advice but I don't think anything can be stuck in the tube. The gel is squeezed in loose, not a pack. Could it be limescale? Should I descale the machine? There is no way I can remove the top of the machine. I haven't the skill. thank you.

You could try lime scale but it's likely there is a small item of clothing like a sock stuck in the tube running from the dispenser to the tub.

Thanks!

Mike.