Drcool
Drcool, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  i am an expert in the Home Appliance category in the US. been in the field for more than 12 years.
11923974

candy fridge freezer too cold

candy fridge freezer too cold

Drcool :

Hello, Would you know what kind of thermostat installed? Is it a mechanical one that you turn to adjust temperature? Or digital?

Customer:

hi there, i will need to check this and get back to you

Drcool :

Ok. If you have a digital one, then I would suspect the thermistor ( temperature sensors) first and if they would check good, then I am afraid it would be the electronic controller itself. It could have a welded contact on the relay that is why the compressor would not stop running.

Customer:

hi there, can i ask you how you test the sensors.

Drcool :

Hello, to test the sensors, you need an ohm meter. Usually, there should be a reference value depending on what type of sensor you have.

Drcool :

What I usually encounter is 10 kilo ohms at 0 Celcius.

Drcool :

Some sensor decreases value as it cools down, some sensors increases value as it cools down.

Drcool :

So if you have an ohmeter that could measure in kilo ohms, measure the sensor at room temperature and immerse it onan ice filled water then watch the resistance if it would go near 10 kilo ohms.

Drcool :

If the resistance would be near 10 kilo ohms, then I would say it is good, if it would not change, then definitely it is bad. If it reads almost zero or very big value as if in mega ohms, then I would say it is bad.