Drcool, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  i am an expert in the Home Appliance category in the US. been in the field for more than 12 years.

i have an american samsung fridge freezer,about 5yrs old .The

i have an american samsung fridge freezer,about 5yrs old .The compressor comes on for about 3 or 4 seconds then cuts out .I have had a engineer look at it and his diagnosis is that there is a blockage in the line, and that it cant be repaired .I thought that it being a sealed system how could it get a blockage in it.The model ihave got is a RS20CCMS

Drcool :

Hello, I am afraid your engineer could be wrong. Yes it is a sealed system so there is a very small probability that there could be a blockade in the line. It could come from scales developing inside the pipes in time and could clog the small capillary tube. But if it is a blockade, still it can be repaired and the compressor should start even though if there is a blockade in the system. What I think is happening to your compressor is that it can not start. Either you have a faulty starting component or you have a defective compressor.

Drcool :

You can try replacing the starting component since it is a DIY, but after replacing this starting component and still the compressor can not start, then I am afraid you have a defective compressor which would need replacing and id no longer a DIY.

Drcool :

The starting components consist of item 733, 734 and 735 in this parts diagram. Please click the blue word. Un plug the unit first before doing the repair.

Drcool :

Thank you