Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

hi my indesit washing machine wont drain, i did a wash and

hi my indesit washing machine wont drain, i did a wash and it wouldn't drain so I got rid of all the water (thoroughly flooding my kitchen) by taking out the black thing at the bottom right under the panel at the front. I think that's the filter? it was clear anyway no blockage. just did a spin, spins fine. did a drain and the water wont go, it makes a weird noise when its trying to drain then stops and all the buttons you can press are flashing now?? help!
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be helping you with your problem today. If anything isn't clear, please just ask me.

This sounds like you have a faulty drain pump.

When you took out the filter (the thing you undid before), was there anything in there at all, like a nail, a coin, fluff etc?

Are you wanting to replace this part yourself or would you prefer someone do it for you?

Thanks
Rob
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Nothing in the little black thing I took out. I'd want to do it myself I don't really have the money for a plumber thanks x how would I go about it?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Also, it was working fine but I just moved it from my husbands house to mine. He said he did a wash a few days prior and it worked fine? I think it's plumbed in properly though its pretty simple
Hi Ellie

Thanks for the information, I think there may be a clue in there!

Has it worked at all since you plumbed it in at your house?

If not, how is the waste pipe connected to the house plumbing? Is it connected to the spigot under the sink, on the sink trap?

Thanks
Rob
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Good! It's plumbed in under the sink into a white thing that's connected to the big white tube looking things, sorry for the description! I only did one wash as soon as I plumbed it in, first of all the waste pipe popped off the connecting white thing during a wash and soaked the cupboard and so I reconnected it quickly then it was fine but wouldn't drain. Then today I did the spin and rinse but as I said water hasn't left and it makes a mad sound when trying to drain
Hi Ellie

OK
I think that what you have done is to connect the waste pipe to the trap of the sink. There is a smaller take off pipe that you have pushed the waste hose onto.
If that is correct, you have not sawn off the end of the white plastic take off pipe.

When the waste pipe is fitted, the take off spigot is sealed so that if you don't need it, the waste water wont pour out of it.
When you need to connect a waste hose, you saw off the very end piece, so the waste water can enter the trap.
Push the hose on tightly, after you've cut the end of, and hold it in place with a jubilee clip. You can get one from B and Q.

You shouldn't then have any more trouble.
If you need more help, please just ask. In the meantime,

Can I ask you to take a moment and rate my response? Please use the smiley faces which you should now see. Please remember you are rating me personally, not the website or the problems you have had with this machine.
If you need to ask me anything after rating, please just follow the link in the welcome email
Thanks
Rob