Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

Zanussi ZWF W1. Removed seal and heater. With torch can see

Zanussi ZWF W1. Removed seal and heater. With torch can see through heater slot half of a metal key ring circle. From front pushing a plastic fork between the drum casing and the drum at 6 o'clock I can feel what I think is sons school locker key (as he lost this a week ago - we know now where it is!) which is attached to this ring. I have tried to use a rod to pull down on the ring but other than going from 5 - 7 o'clock will not budge. Can not hook it from top either. What next? (me or engineer?
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be helping you with your problem today. If anything isn't clear, please just ask me.

Do you know if the key is made of metal? Or is it an alloy key?

Thanks
Rob
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It is a small metal (cheap) padlock key

Hi Rupert
OK, thanks

If you go to a motor spares shop, they should have something that looks like a extending car aerial with a very strong magnet on the end. This is used by mechanics for picking up fallen screws in awkward places.

Use this, through the heater slot and try to pull it out.

If this fails, the two drums would need to come out and be split apart, so as to be able to retrieve the offending key.

This is a time consuming and difficult job, not for the faint hearted !!

Let me know if you need more help.
In the meantime,

Can I ask you to take a moment and rate my response? Please use the smiley faces which you should now see. Please remember you are rating me personally, not the website or the problems you have had with this machine.
If you need to ask me anything after rating, please just follow the link in the welcome email
Thanks
Rob

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The magnet I went and bought did not work but an engineer has come and with a wire bent into a specific shape has been able to hook down between the tub and the mounting and remove the key and the key ring. Glad I did not take your advice of dimantling the whole machine!!

Hi Rupert

Glad its sorted
Thanks for letting me know

Rob