Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.

Hi. We have a Zanussi zwd 1472 which now simply says "ERR"

Customer Question

Hi. We have a Zanussi zwd 1472 which now simply says "ERR" when we press any of the function buttons. Obviously this has rendered it a large white useless block of plastic and metal for the time being. Any ideas who we can persuade it to return to it's career?
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be helping you with your problem today. If anything isn't clear, please just ask me.

Sorry for the delay in replying, I only just came on line and saw your question. Are you still looking for help with this?

Please don't rate my answer until we have explored all possible avenues. Please just use the reply button to contact me.

This is normally an incorrect selection having been made on the control panel.

This is what the manual actually says:

An incorrect option selection has been made: this is indicated by the message Err when a function incompatible with the current programme is selected.

Check the program and the options you have selected. Let me know what you find

Thanks
Rob
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,

Thanks for the response. We are aware that this is a message for an incompatible programme but in this instance, the message appears regardless of what function button is pressed. We've owned and used the machine for 7 years and this is the first time this has happened so it's clearly a new development. Because of the nature of the problem, we can't progress from this error and it's basically made the washing machine inoperable.

Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Hi Neil

Thanks
I wasn't aware that you knew what the ERR meant, apologies.

If you are sure there is no incompatibility, this would indicate a faulty control board.

Unfortunately there is no way to test this due to its complex electronics.

You may be better of, under these circumstances, getting a fixed price repair as this would include ALL parts. The board is very expensive..

Please let me have your postcode, and ill check for you

Thanks
Rob
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thanks. XXXXX 1EL.

Given it's age, might it be better us just getting a new washing machine?

Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
hi Neil

Thanks
The all in price would b £125. This includes the call out, all labour , all parts and the VAT.

Please see here for the offer.

Given the g=age, you my feel the money would be better spent, putting it toward a new machine. My advice would be that if you use the machine more than 3 times a week, I would buy a new one due to its use, rather than age.

If I can help further, please just ask.
In the meantime,

Can I ask you to take a moment and rate my response? Please use the smiley faces which you should now see. Please remember you are rating me personally, not the website or the problems you have had with this machine.
If you need to ask me anything after rating, please just follow the link in the welcome email
Thanks
Rob

Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi there. Thanks for that, appreciated. I think we will just replace the machine, it's been good to us, no problems in 7 years. Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Cheers, we ordered a new one in the end. £260 for another Zanussi, can't moan at that.

Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Hi Neil

Thanks for letting me know

all the best

Rob