Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

Hi, I have a Hotpoint DWF30 dishwasher which is not heating

Hi, I have a Hotpoint DWF30 dishwasher which is not heating the water, I have changed the heating unit for a new one thinking that would be the first place to start, but this does not seem to have solved the problem. What is the next course of action in getting the water hot? Would it be the PCB?
Thanks in advance for your help
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be helping you with your problem today. If anything isn't clear, please just ask me.

Sorry for the delay in replying, I only just came on line and saw your question. Are you still looking for help with this?

Please don't rate my answer until we have explored all possible avenues. Please just use the reply button to contact me.

Did you test the element with a meter?
Was it open circuit?

If the element is not getting 240Volts the likely culprit is indeed the PCB.
Is there any error codes shown?

Thanks
Rob
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Rob, Thanks for getting back to me.
I have metered the old element and it shows continuity, so not open circuit, either way i have already fitted a new heating element, and it show 240 volts at the terminals, and also I get voltage at the thermostat so that looks good also.
There are no error codes as this machine I think does not have this function? I may be wrong but the machine start OK, but does take a while to complete a cycle, even to the point I ended the cycle I was running earlier today to test the element.

So what do you think? Relay? PCB?

Look forward to your reply, but I will be offline for a couple of hours now

Thanks Pip
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Hi Pip

Sorry, this doesn't make much sense

If the heater is ok and there is 240v to it, it must heat up?

Are you using a meter or just a test lamp?

Thanks
Rob
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Rob,

I used a Kewtech KEW1700 Voltage Tester to check voltage at the terminals of the element, and to check continuity when not energised.

I got a reading of 230 volts, and I agree it should be getting hot as the element was energised, but no hot water.

A strange one I know which I why I suspected the thermostat but as this is part of the new heating unit and was also showing voltage it has me stumped.

So there is nothing else which could stop the element from working then on this machine?

I have turned the machine on again now and will run a wash cycle and see if it works, perhaps I shut it down too early yesterday before it got to the heating part of the program. I'll repeort back soon.

Thanks Pip

Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Hi Pip

Thanks
Let me know

Rob
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Rob,

So have just got home and the machine went through it's quick wash low temp cycle, the plates etc were clean, but wet, this could be the low temp setting, so not drying fully.

Have now set it on it's high temp setting cycle, which will take an hour or so, will get back to you with the results, if any

thanks Pip

Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Hi Pip

Thanks
Rob
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Well it all seems to be fine, hot cycle took a while, but it does I'm told, and it did get hot and the cutlery etc was dry when it came out so I think I have sussed it. Thanks for your help anyway, but me changing the heating unit seems to have done the trick

Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Hi Pip

Thats great news

Thanks for letting me know.

Can I ask you to take a moment and rate my response? Please use the smiley faces which you should now see. Please remember you are rating me personally, not the website or the problems you have had with this machine.
If you need to ask me anything after rating, please just follow the link in the welcome email
Thanks
Rob

Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.