Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  EPA Certified HVAC

Please tell me how to get rid of the code F21 which is on

Please tell me how to get rid of the code F21 which is on display

Hello from our service,

My name is Chas, I am so happy to help you today.
Before we get started, I would like to help us get on the same page so that our interaction will go smoothly.
I might give you an answer immediately, or ask you a question. Either way, we are likely to be in a question and answer format, so you will need to click reply to expert if:
a. You want to add detail.
b. Your question was not fully answered.
c. You want to ask further questions.

Since I am inviting you back to do any of these, do not use a 1 or 2 rating or this will likely NOT help you get a satisfactory answer. It will delay our task, and it tends to be depressing for the expert trying to help you, often right at the beginning of the exchange, before we have accomplished our task.

I know the rating system is somewhat complicated, but you do not have to do a negative rating in order not to pay or to get your deposit back.

In addition, a negative rating only serves to rate the expert doing his/her utmost to help you. The expert also will not get paid under these circumstances.

Negative ratings do not cover site problems, delays, or anything else on the site that might annoy you, as experts are only involved in trying to answer your questions.

Negative ratings do not cover posts that do not come through, or any other difficulties...experts face those just as you do. This includes frustrations that you might have had before meeting your expert.

I would like to say that we are also on the honors system. I in good faith am going to do my utmost to ensure your satisfaction. But, it is up to your honor to click a smiley face and make sure that I am compensated for my time and effort. Please realize we are only compensated PER smiley per click and from bonuses, so extensive time with you would hopefully stimulate your consideration of this aspect of the system.

What is the model number on the unit?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The model is a Bosch classixx 6 it has F21 on the display and nothing else works.
The F21 is a motor fault code.The motor is signaling an open circuit to the control. the motor issue must be repaired before the control will reset. you can try a reset if you wish. close the door, turn the knob to the 6 o'clock position, wait 2 seconds and the start pause should start flashing. press and hold the spin button. turn the knob to 7 o'clock and wait 2 seconds. let go of the button turn the knob to off. this should clear the code. try the machine again, if the code reappears try replacing the motor carbon brushes.
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: EPA Certified HVAC