Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

Neff B1641 fan working on oven but not reaching set temperature,

Neff B1641 fan working on oven but not reaching set temperature, anything i can do?
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be helping you with your problem today. If anything isn't clear, please just ask me.

Sorry for the delay in replying, I only just came on line and saw your question. Are you still looking for help with this?

Please don't rate my answer until we have explored all possible avenues. Please just use the reply button to contact me.

This may be the element around the fan.

Does the grill work?
When you have it on fan oven, is there any heat produced?
Is the temperature neon on the fascia lit?

Thanks
Rob
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Have investigated further and taken front plate off infront of fan and the back off oven. New info Fan is NOT working, although the cylinder fan at top of oven is. The oven is not reaching temperature on any of the settings it appears after trying a period of time on each setting, although the thermostat temp indicates it has. The element around the fan is working. The neon for temp is lit.
Hi Graham
Thanks
In that case it sounds like you have a faulty fan motor

To be able to replace this, you will need to remove the fan ( I note you were not able to do this) and also have access to the outside back of the oven.

Would you like me to get you a fixed price repair for this?
If so, please let me have the age and your postcode please?

Thanks

Rob
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes, a fixed price repair quotation would be good. The oven is approx 7 years old, only used 6 months of year due to aga other 6 months. Postcode LN42DN Thank you Graham
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Do you think it could be the thermostat also?
Hi Graham

Please go here
You will see the price is £125
This includes the call out, all labour, ALL PARTS and the vat.
So, even if it is the thermostat it would be covered, though I think its just the fan motor.

If you need more help, please just ask.
in the meantime,

Can I ask you to take a moment and rate my response? Please use the smiley faces which you should now see. Please remember you are rating me personally, not the website or the problems you have had with this machine.
If you need to ask me anything after rating, please just follow the link in the welcome email
Thanks
Rob