Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

Siemens Surpresso S60 coffee machine: Pressed Cafe button.

Siemens Surpresso S60 coffee machine: Pressed Cafe button. Grinded the beans. Started espresso-making process. Then a "pop"! And water starts spewing out the top of the machine (by the cup warmer). And water leaks all over inside the machine, and leaks out the bottom. Electricity goes off.

What could be wrong? One of the boilers? Can it be fixed?
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be helping you with your problem today. If anything isn't clear, please just ask me.

Sorry for the delay in replying, I only just came on line and saw your question. Are you still looking for help with this?

Please don't rate my answer until we have explored all possible avenues. Please just use the reply button to contact me.

It sounds like this may be a seal that has failed.
Are you able to see exactly where the water is leaking from?
Can you also recheck the model number please?
Thanks
Rob
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
My apologies, it is the Siemens Surpresso S40. The water comes up right through the holes in the cup warmer top section of the machine; I can't see exactly where the water is leaking from, but it seems to be something located quite near to the surface of the cup warmer section.

Should I try and open the machine?

My original question was: What could be wrong? One of the boilers? Can it be fixed?

You suggest it's a seal? Can it be fixed; or do I throw the machine away?
Hi Emile

Unfortunately these are not easy machines to work on and spares are not easy to obtain, especially in South Africa.

If it is a seal, this can be replaced, but if the boiler itself has split open, this would put it beyond economic repair

Sorry its not good news

All the best

Rob