Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  EPA Certified HVAC
10522817

I have just purchased a 2nd hand Westinghouse freestyle fridge

I have just purchased a 2nd hand Westinghouse freestyle fridge freezer, BJ274BS. This didnt come with a manual so im not sure if what it is doing is normal.

Aswel as the normal low buzz of the fridge there is a loud noise ( like its working really hard). And it stops noise altogether periodically but is still on. Are they supposed to switch off when normal temp is restored after opening? should I get the louder noise checked?
Good evening. Okay the normal buzz is the compressor running but the loud noise isn't normal. is it comming from the inside of the refrigerator like a fan ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Yes I guess listening now it could be a fan working overtime and maybe wobbling a bit. Are they designed to switch on & off or should it be buzzing continuously?

they do switch off when the are down to temp so thats normal. i would however get someone to look at and replace the fan if needed.