Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

Zanussi washing machine 2 yrs old zwf16581w no power I

Zanussi washing machine 2 yrs old zwf16581w no power

I set my machine to wash a pair of trainers and went out. I came back to see the machine had stopped with the drum full of water and it looked like it had not been on that long.
There was no power on the screen, the trips and fuses are working and there is power going to the machine. The power however stops at the dial near to the main circuit board, is there a fuse inside the machine which needs changing?
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be helping you with your problem today. If anything isn't clear, please just ask me.

Sorry for the delay in replying, I only just came on line and saw your question. Are you still looking for help with this?

Please don't rate my answer until we have explored all possible avenues. Please just use the reply button to contact me.

This may be the mains filter.
Where the cable comes in to the terminal block there is a capacitor. Has this blown?

If you have 240vol;ts at the circuit board itself, it would indicate that the board has failed.

If this is the case, please let me have your postcode and ill get you an "all in" quote for a repair as this would include all parts and be cheaper than buying the board

Thanks
Rob
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Rob,

I will check when I get home but will more than likely know the answer tomorrow evening. I will contact you straight away.
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Hi David
just post back when you can and Ill respond next time im on line

Thanks
Rob
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Rob, there is power past the capacitor all the way up to the switch at the front, from there all is dead. You turn the switch for wash settings but the display is dead. I see the circuit board to the left of the switch but can't see if there is a fuse on it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have checked and the power cuts off at the dial. The circuit board is just below the dial and not sure if any fuses etc on it. As you turn the dial for wash settings it should show you what you have chosen on the front display, but it is without power......................as I say its somewhere by the dial where the power has gone

Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Hi David
THanks

There are no fuses on this board, sorry.
This would indicate that the board has failed, hence no display.

I think the fixed price repair is the way forward.
If you let me have your postcode ill get a price for you

Thanks
Rob
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Mk428hh
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Hi David

Thanks
The cheapest quote I can get for you is £125

This includes the call out, all labour, ALL PARTS and the vat

If it is the board, this will be the cheapest way to get this repaired.
Please see here for the details

If you need more help, please just ask me.
In the meantime,

Can I ask you to take a moment and rate my response? Please use the smiley faces which you should now see. Please remember you are rating me personally, not the website or the problems you have had with this machine.
If you need to ask me anything after rating, please just follow the link in the welcome email
Thanks
Rob

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX prices of 180 pounds for the board so your price looks good.
Before I do that I am going to complain to Sanussi and shop as I have hardly used the washer.
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Hi David

Its certainly worth complaining to Zanussi and see what they say

Otherwise, the option I recomended is the best way to go

Thanks
Rob

Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.