Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

hotpoint WF250p . on starting water enters machine for about

hotpoint WF250p . on starting water enters machine for about 30 seconds and then pumps water out with lights 1, 3, 4, flashing, have renewed heating element, cleaned pump and checked pressure switch
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be helping you with your problem today. If anything isn't clear, please just ask me.

Sorry for the delay in replying, I only just came on line and saw your question. Are you still looking for help with this?

Please don't rate my answer until we have explored all possible avenues. Please just use the reply button to contact me.

This normally indicates a fault in the pressure switch circuit.

Take the tube off the pressure witch and blow down the tube. Is it clear?
Gently blow into the switch, how many times does it click?

Refit and try again

Thanks
Rob
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

tube is clear. blowing into switch it only seems to click once. geoff

Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Hi Geoff

From memory, this pressure switch has two levels so should click twice.

Please see here

This is the pressure switch. If you order from here, they will accept returns, see this

If you need more help, please just ask

In the meantime,

Can I ask you to take a moment and rate my response? Please use the smiley faces which you should now see. Please remember you are rating me personally, not the website or the problems you have had with this machine.
If you need to ask me anything after rating, please just follow the link in the welcome email
Thanks
Rob

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i further blew gently and it does seem to click more than once. if its not the pressure switch, what else could it be?

Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Hi Geoff
OK, the pressure switch should click twice, so if it does that we can rule that out.

The other problem that is listed is a drain pump error.

I would check the hoses leading to and from the drain pump for blockages and also check the pump itself

Rob
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i initially removed sump trap and hoses. found a lot of rubbish, bit of material and coins ,cleaned this and checked pump, waste hose and non return flap all clear. have started machine again you can hear the water enter and then the pump kicks in draining all the water, the lights are flashing and i cannot turn the wm off with on off button ,only by pulling the plug. the pump is obviously working ok, but not when it should

Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Hi

This is certainly tricky

My gut feeling says there is a problem with the main control board as the pump should not come on at this point.

The fault code shown does not really tie in with the fault you actually have.

However, it is also the main board that supplies the fault code.

Unfortunately there is no way to test the main board, its a case of disproving everything else first. The board is expensive to replace.
Can you tell me how old this is please?

I think it may be worth getting an all inclusive quote for the repair as this covers ALL parts needed for the repair, so can you tell me the post code as well please?

Thanks
Rob
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i think its about 7yrs old . i just bought a bosch on e bay for £98 before i got a response from just answer. i could try a new pressure valve as i can return it if its not the answer, or just scrap it.

Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Hi Geoff

Its worth a try, but to be honest, if it clicks twice, its not likely.

If its the board, even on a fixed price repair, its going to be upwards of £130

On a machine this age, and given that you have already got another one, I wouldn't replace the board.

Sorry its not great news, but at least you know.

Thanks
Rob

Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.