Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  EPA Certified HVAC

water stops running, after defrosting it starts running, at

water stops running, after defrosting it starts running, at first it lasted for a couple weeks then it started stopping more often, this last time it was overnight could the line be freezing up?
do you have a make and model number ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

model# XXXXX
Serial no TH20453

okay I cant bring this model up. is it the water in the door that freezes up ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I don't know that it freezes up I just know it stops working
this is a general electric

okay good. first pull the crisper drawers out inside the refrigerator section , do you see a chiller reservoir behind it ? it maybe similar to this one. Water Tank Assembly WR17X11440      Main Product View
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Other.
I haven't gotten an answer!!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

im sorry i gave you the wrong model no. its GSH25JFRF BB

Okay perfect now I have it up.There are a few things we need to go over before i can tell you what the problem may be. When you say after defrosting this the water stops this is a frost free refrigerator are you defrosting inside the freezer section ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no Iguess I really don't defrost I just turns the controls of for both sides someone suggested this and I tried it and it happen to work for a perod of time

okay it does sound like the chiller line in the refrigerator section is freezing up . in your refrigerator if you look behind the crisper drawer in the refrigerator you will see this. or something similar. Water Tank Assembly WR17X11324      Main Product View this chills the water for the door. these tend to freeze up. try this, take a hair dryer and warm that tubing up and check the water every few minutes. see if it starts to flow, let me know.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thank you im gona try

okay come back and let me know.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

still no water i used the hair dryer got it warm and no luck

okay you need to see if its freezing in the freezer door next. theres a quick connect behind the grill in the front under the door . disconnect that put it in a bucket and press for water , if water comes out its frozen in the door. the connector is number 80 on this diagram. push the white rings in towards the blue part and pull the tube out.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i haven't tried this yet i'll get back to you when i do

okay thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

got it all figured out!! I did what you told me but couldn't find out why the ice was getting stuck in the freezer. After checking further I decided to not use the crushed ice,small piece somehow get stuck in there so I been using just the sliced ice and it has been working good nonstop!!
think you Ms McBride

thats great to hear ! have a great day ! thanks, Bryan