Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

we have a 12080 W wash machine that intermittently stops on

Customer Question

we have a 12080 W wash machine that intermittently stops on 40 degree cottons. Any thoughts? The green start / Pause light on the R.H.S. just flashes, and the machine starts again when you press it.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be helping you with your problem today. If anything isn't clear, please just ask me.

Sorry for the delay in replying, I only just came on line and saw your question. Are you still looking for help with this?

Please don't rate my answer until we have explored all possible avenues. Please just use the reply button to contact me.

This may be a board issue.

Can you tell me is this a zanussi?
If so, there are some letters missing?

When the light flashes, can you count the number of flashes between the pauses please?

Thanks
Rob
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Rob.

Sorry should have said, this was a Zanussi. [8.45 a.m Tuesday now - not at home now.....] I came offline, and the wash has finished now, but if i recall correctly the green light on the Right of the dials is flashing once only, off on, off on, at slow, regular intervals.

Unfortunately due to building work, the instructions have been mislaid. This has happenede two or three times now. But the number on the front of the machine [I double checked] is definitely 12080W.

Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Hi Peter

Thanks

I think its actually a ZWF12080W.

For the manual, which you can print off and keep, please go here.

Have a look at page 7, for the various options which you may have inadvertently selected.

If you need more help, can you tell me exactly which lamp flashes and if there are pauses etc. Also, what does the washing do when this happens, does it just stop dead with the clothes in water?

In the meantime,

Can I ask you to take a moment and rate my response? Please use the smiley faces which you should now see. Please remember you are rating me personally, not the website or the problems you have had with this machine.
If you need to ask me anything after rating, please just follow the link in the welcome email
Thanks
Rob

Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi, yes the clothes just stop dead in the water. The light [button 5 on the instructions] flashes green, not red......the machine has been re-housed by our excellent builders.. I do wonder whether the drain hose is kinked....but the fit is so tight, I cannot extract machine from its' cupboard, to have a look....

many thanks for the link to electrolux instructions.

Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Hi Peter

The first thing to check would be the filter to see if anything is obstructing the pump.

If this is OK, then I m afraid the next thing to check would be the drain hose and the connection to the waste pipe.
If this only started to happen since the machine was built in, then I am sorry to say, this may well be the problem

Thanks
Rob
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

OK fair enuff.

Thanks.

Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Hi Peter
Your welcome
Rob