Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.

WME7227

Customer Question

Hello, I have a wme7227 which has stopped working. It has worked fine for a year since I bought it second hand. Today it washed fine, then after putting in a second load on the same settings, the cycle doesn't start. No amount of button pressing or turning on and off has an effect. What's wrong? Jim.

Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Rob replied 11 months ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX X will be helping you with your problem today. If anything isn't clear, please just ask me.

Sorry for the delay in replying, I only just came on line and saw your question. Are you still looking for help with this?

Please don't rate my answer until we have explored all possible avenues. Please just use the reply button to contact me.

his sounds like it may be the door lock

When you start a new cycle, is the display the same as normal?
Can you try and open the door? Is it locked or can you open it?

Thanks
Rob
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Hello Rob, yes i can open and close the door.

Expert:  Rob replied 11 months ago.
Hi Jim

Thanks

If you can now start a new cycle.
Does the door lock or can you reopen it now?

If its locked can you hear a humming noise?

If its locked, please try the spin setting and tell me if it now works?

Thanks
Rob
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Hi the door closes but can be opened, no humming noise. the padlocksymbol is not highlighted

Expert:  Rob replied 11 months ago.
Hi Jim

For the machine to start it has to have the door locked.

The door lock is faulty

Do you want to do this yourself? Its fairly easy with some basic DIY tools.
Is do, ill look for the part for you

Thanks
Rob
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Thanks Rob, can the door switch be overidden temporarily?

Expert:  Rob replied 11 months ago.

Hi Jim

Unfortunately this is a safety issue, as this would mean that the door could be opened during the final spin. This could cause life threatening damage to someone, or serous flooding . if the machine were full.

Happy to locate the part and a video showing how to replace the lock , for you

Rob

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Ok, thanks, XXXXX XXXXX to replace it then. Can I have the part no and video please.

Expert:  Rob replied 11 months ago.
Hi Jim

Please go here (just click on the word in blue)

The good news is that this company have it in stock, its fairly inexpensive and they have quick delivery.

The video is below the part.
Its not your exact machine, but the process is the same.

If you need more help, please just ask.
In the meantime,

Can I ask you to take a moment and rate my response? Please use the smiley faces which you should now see. Please remember you are rating me personally, not the website or the problems you have had with this machine.
If you need to ask me anything after rating, please just follow the link in the welcome email
Thanks
Rob

Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.