Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

Hi The dishwasher seems to get as far as rinse and then stick

Customer Question

Hi The dishwasher seems to get as far as rinse and then stick The alarm then sounds without stopping until door is opened. All dishes inside still dirty despite putting them through 3 separate cycles. The filter is clean We have run cleaner through a cycle with machine empty
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be helping you with your problem today. If anything isn't clear, please just ask me.

Sorry for the delay in replying, I only just came on line and saw your question. Are you still looking for help with this?

Please don't rate my answer until we have explored all possible avenues. Please just use the reply button to contact me.

This may be a problem with the drain pump.
Does it leave water in the achene when it beeps?
Start a new cycle, the first thing it should do is drain for about 1 minute.
Open the door and make sure there is no water in the machine.
Let me know what you find

Thanks
Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Rob it does not leave water in the machine .
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Hi
Thanks
Please pour a bowl of water into the machine and start a new cycle.

Listen for th 1 minute drain.
Open the door, is the water still there?

Close the door and let it start to fill.
WHen it starts to wash, open the door and tell me how deep is the water?
Thanks
Rob
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok will do will be in about 30 mins time as not at home .thank you .Al
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It fully drained closed the door and it filled ,water 2 " deep ? Approx now washing .Thanks ANot sure how long this cycle will go on it Oscar the ECO one ,no beeping yet and all sounds fine so far but we shall see ! Al
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Hi Al

Thanks
Let me know what happens

Thanks
Rob
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will do ,thanks Rob
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Rob it has just started beeping again ? Al
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Opened door when alarm started
Looks cleaner but all inside still wet(not drying in steam as would be usual at end of full cycle)
The light is showing on rinse symbol and start button light is flashing
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Hi AL

This sounds like it may be a bad board not advancing the cycle.

Can you tell me the make and model and how old it is please?

I think this may need a hands on diagnosis as its not possible to test the complex electronics of the board, at home. Let me have your postcode and Ill see what the price of an "all in" repair would be, as this includes ALL PARTS needed

Thanks
Rob
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
About 5 years old it is an Ikea Whirlpool
DWHB 10

Postcode is SW1V 4ES

It might be better to order a new machine from Ikea ? No idea the cost these days !
Al
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Hi Al

Thanks

OK, there are several companies that do the fixed price repair.

For this type of problem this is the best way to get it repaired a it includes the call out, all labour, all parts and the VAT. So if its an expensive part, like the board, you win!

The cheapest quote I can get is £125. Please go here for the details

If this is built in, and still in good condition, I would suggest its still worth getting it fixed at this age.
To replace a built in appliance is going to cost you considerably more.

If I can help further, please just ask me.
In the meantime,

Can I ask you to take a moment and rate my response? Please use the smiley faces which you should now see. Please remember you are rating me personally, not the website or the problems you have had with this machine.
If you need to ask me anything after rating, please just follow the link in the welcome email
Thanks
Rob

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Rob thanks for your help I think on this occasion we will go with the fix but next time get a new machine ! Can you tell me which Ikea aching you would suggest please ? And which is as good or better than the model we have ,this one has survived well a great deal of use .
Very helpful .
Regards
Alasdair
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Hi Alasdair

Thanks for the rating, appreciate it.

I think you are right about the repair and replacing it next time.

As far as I know, Ikea only use \Whirlpool appliances and tend to go only for the high end specification models, so if you have been happy with them, I would suggest sticking with them. They are well built, reliable and spares are readily avail;able

All the best

Rob
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Many thanks Rob ,not clear how you get paid for the advice ,do you get the £18 or do we need to pay more ?
Alasdair
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Hi Alasdair

Once you rate my response then I get a percentage of your deposit, so you are all done.

Thanks again

All the best

Rob