Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

When I removed a large bedsheet from my Bosch washing machine

When I removed a large bedsheet from my Bosch washing machine there was a small metal rectangular disc within the sheet. It must have come from outside the drum area. I'm now unsure whether to use the machine again until I now what the disc is for and what it will happen to the machine if it's not attached. Can anyone advise?
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be helping you with your problem today. If anything isn't clear, please just ask me.

Sorry for the delay in replying, I only just came on line and saw your question. Are you still looking for help with this?

Please don't rate my answer until we have explored all possible avenues. Please just use the reply button to contact me.

This is a strange one !
Can you upload a picture of this disc please? Use the paper clip icon to attach it.

Otherwise, can you tell me the size of this and thickness.? Also the colour?

My initial thought is that this has not come from the machine but would be happier to have some further information on it.

Thanks
Rob
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The metal object is roughly 35mm x 22mm x3mm. I tried to send a photo but I keep getting the error page Access Denied. It's unlikely the object came from anywhere other than the machine.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Rob, I now know where the metal object came from - the weight from one of a pair of curtains that was washed a long time ago. No idea why it suddenly appeared now. Thanks for your help.

Hi Bill

Perfect !!

Well done for finding out what it was.

Its always worrying when something turns up like that. but from your description, it didn't sound like it was from the machine.
Glad the mystery is solved and thanks for letting me know.

Can I ask you to take a moment and rate my response? Please use the smiley faces which you should now see. Please remember you are rating me personally, not the website or the problems you have had with this machine.
If you need to ask me anything after rating, please just follow the link in the welcome email
Thanks
Rob