Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

Hi, we have a Bosch washing machine WAE28363GB/05 which has

Hi, we have a Bosch washing machine WAE28363GB/05 which has become faulty. However, no error codes have appeared to guide me to a cause of this fault.

The cold fill initially operates as normal, adding water through the right-hand compartment of the dispenser drawer for a few seconds before stopping and then adding water through the left-hand compartment.

The fault is that the water flow no longer stops when the lower water level is reached and continues until over half way up the door glass, at which point I switch off the machine and the water flow stops. This is the same for all the wash programs we have tried. At no time during this process does the drum turn, which is very unusual as by now the drum would normally be turning and the water switching on and off for a few seconds at a time to compensate for the water being taken up by the clothes in the drum.

However, the rinse/refresh program (and the "aqua plus" feature for an additional rinse) both seem to work OK, filling to the higher level (about half way up the door glass) with all the expected actions from the drum, draining, spinning, etc, all apparently working as normal.

Believing that the water level regulator (Bosch part no 428683) might be to blame, I purchased a replacement and fitted it but this has not made any difference.

Can anybody assist me with this problem or do I have to resort to a call-out by a Bosch Technician?

Many thanks,

XXXXX XXXXX
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be helping you with your problem today. If anything isn't clear, please just ask me.

Sorry for the delay in replying, I only just came on line and saw your question. Are you still looking for help with this?

Please don't rate my answer until we have explored all possible avenues. Please just use the reply button to contact me.

The pressure switch would have been my initial thought too.
If the switch is not operating correctly it may be the hose leading to the air chamber.

Remove the filter from the machine
Remove the hose from the bottom of the pressure switch and blow down it.
Does it seem clear?

Thanks
Rob
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Rob, thanks for picking up this problem for me and please accept my apology for taking a while to get back to you.

Following your suggestions, I have now checked the state of the ribbed pipe from the new water regulator switch and even looked inside the air chamber and can find nothing wrong.

I can blow down the pipe and actually hear air coming out through the small hole into the top of the air chamber, and the inside of the air chamber was quite clean and free of detergent, fluff, etc.

Can you think of anything else I might try, or is this beginning to look like a control module problem?

Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Hi
Your welcome

Just one last thing to try, make sure that the the hose does not have a hole in it. It can sometimes rub and get a hole, so no pressure is sent to the switch

Let me know what you find. Also, how old is this please?

Thanks
Rob
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Rob,

The hose seems fine. By blowing down an HDPE tube (the same size as the spigot below the regulator switch) pushed into the upper end of the hose and blocking the lower end by using a pencil with a rubber eraser on the end It's easy to confirm that the hose is without leaks. Additionally, the hose is heavily ribbed, well clipped and protected by foam where the clips hold it. It shows no visible signs of wear.

The machine was bought in November 2008, but is fairly heavily used by domestic standards, typically 2 or 3 times per day. You'll get an idea of the usage when I tell you that it needed a new set of motor brushes about 12-18 months ago and a new drain pump about 6 months ago.

Have we reached the end, do you think?

Peter.

Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Hi Peter

WOW !
That really is heavy use!

I am thinking this may well be a board problem.

These are expensive to replace and its not possible to test them due to the complex electronics.
I think the best thing here, is to get an all inclusive quote for the repair. This includes all parts.

Please let me have your postcode and ill get you a quote, and we can discuss it from there. Ok?

Thanks
Rob
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Rob,

Postcode is LA3 3LW

Thanks,

Peter

Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Hi Peter
Thanks

The cheapest all in price is £125

This includes the call out, all labour, all parts and the VAT.

Please go here to see the details and book it

I would have thought that it would be worth repairing as long as the machine itself was in reasonable condition, as it would cost considerably more than this to replace.

However, due to its heavy use, I would suggest that next time it may be better to replace it.
If you need more help, please just ask me.
In the meantime,

Can I ask you to take a moment and rate my response? Please use the smiley faces which you should now see. Please remember you are rating me personally, not the website or the problems you have had with this machine.
If you need to ask me anything after rating, please just follow the link in the welcome email
Thanks
Rob

Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.