Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

I have a 12 year old Bosch Classixx slim dishwasher. It tripped

I have a 12 year old Bosch Classixx slim dishwasher. It tripped the consumer unit but is now working with the exception that the lower spray rotor does not work. I have checked the water to it and it justs gently flows out but not sufficiently to spin the arm. Could it be a solinoid fault.
Thanks Peter
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you! I suspect the issue lies with a blockage in the spray arms or a filter. Are the arms clean as well as the filters? Do you have very hard water that may be plugging the spray path with mineral deposits?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Morning Kelly. Yes all spray arms are clear as are filters , Top sray arm and roof spray work ok. The bottom arm aperture has only a dribble of water coming out. When it went wrong it blew the ring main trip.

I suspect the motor may be at fault, because that is the only thing that would affect recirculation pressure if the filters and spray arms are clear. That may also explain why it tripped the main. I would replace the wash motor.