Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

beko wmxd 760 s washing machine. It stopped working

Hi We have a beko wmxd 760 s washing machine. It stopped working part way through the cycle. I have tried switching off and on, and holding in the start/pause button to re-set the programme. This has worked a couple of times (i.e has re-set the programme), but currently does not do this. I think it stopped part way through the fill at the start of the cycle. Since then I have tried running it again, and it either does not start (the : on the screen flashes for a few seconds and then stops), or starts til fill for a few seconds and then stops. On other occasions it seems to spend a long time 'emptying', and then stops. I have also tried switching the machine off, and then on, holding in the start button (with the dial on 90) as I think this is a diagnostic mode? (I have found this online) When I do this I get an H (no numbers on screen with the H), and then if I press the start button once, I get the numbers 2154. I have then cycled through various tests (I assume) by pressing the start button once. It goes through various things such as filling via different compartments, emptying etc. I have noticed that on some of these tests nothing happens - and the drum does not go round on any of the tests. Can you shed any light on this? At first I wondered if it was the board - although I have looked inside, and there are two boards, so I'm not sure which one to replace - or whether it is something to do with the drum? Thanks

Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be helping you with your problem today. If anything isn't clear, please just ask me.

Sorry for the delay in replying, I only just came on line and saw your question. Are you still looking for help with this?

Please don't rate my answer until we have explored all possible avenues. Please just use the reply button to contact me.

I think you are correct, I think its a board thats playing up.

The first thing is to disconnect the wiring one at a time, and refit them, feel for any loose connections or bad fitting. Also check both boards for burn marks etc.

Can you also give me the other details from the data plate on the machine

Thanks
Rob
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi

The info on the plate says Beko WMXD 760 S

Other info 07-100552-07 (I assume this is a model no.)

also 8967 CT, 7Kg

I have disconnected and re-connected the connectors, and tried starting it again. It now starts the programme I put it on, but stops as soon as a small amount of water goes into the machine (drum does not go round). E.g. on a 2hr 17 min cycle, the ' : ' on the display flashes for a few seconds (as it does when it works), the display then goes to 2:15, the machine fills up with a small amount of water, and then stops, and the ' : ' on the display stops flashing.

I have just gone back to the machine, and it is now back on 2:17, and is making a noise as if it is emptying.

I have to go and get kids and do some stuff now, but will be back soon

Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Hi Virginia

Thanks
Ok, this definitely sounds like a board.

The problem , for the home owner, is that there is no way to test the complex electronics of these boards.

So, you could go to the expense of replacing one and it could well be the other, and as these are expensive, thats not an ideal situation.

If it were me, I would get a quote for a fixed price repair, as this includes all labour and ALL parts needed to fix it. This way, if both boards have failed, they would both be replaced for the fixed price.
Please let me know the age and your postcode and ill get a quote for you

Thanks
Rob
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi our post code is S33 6SB, and the machine is about 4 to 5 years old. It has a sticker on with the date on it 07/2007, so I guess this was the date of manufacture.

Yes, if you could get us a quote that would be helpful,

Thanks

Virginia

Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Hi Virginia

There are a couple of Companys that do the fixed price repair scheme.
For this, the cheapest is £125

That includes the call out, all labour, all parts and the VAT, so if it is both boards, this is much cheaper and the work is guaranteed.

Please go here for the details and phone number

If you need more help, please just ask

In the meantime,

Can I ask you to take a moment and rate my response? Please use the smiley faces which you should now see. Please remember you are rating me personally, not the website or the problems you have had with this machine.
If you need to ask me anything after rating, please just follow the link in the welcome email
Thanks
Rob

Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.