Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.

I am trying to purchase a obsolete belling hob ignition button,

I am trying to purchase a obsolete belling hob ignition button, part number STV082614887, with no luck. The spindle diameter the button fits on is 4mm. Do you know where I can purchase a new button or another make that would fit. The original button was white but the colour does not matter. Many thanks for your help in advance John XXXXXX.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be helping you with your problem today. If anything isn't clear, please just ask me.

Sorry for the delay in replying, I only just came online and saw your question. Are you still looking for help with this?

Please don't rate my answer until we have explored all possible avenues. Please just use the reply button to contact me.

Ill be happy to check for you.

Can you give me the model number of the cooker please?
You will see its been crossed out. The system thinks its a phone number
Can you put the letter A in front of it so it looks like

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Dear Rob

many thanks for your help.

This is the information I have.

Belling Hob, Model code A050599237, A infront of number as requested.

I have a instruction book and that gives me GHU564. I think the hob was installed around 2000.

I know my father purchased a knob from Glen dimplex cooking back in 2004 and they had a number BGH564014.

I have tried belling and they told me it is obsolete but gave mr the part number STV082614887.

The spindle it fits onto is 4mm diameter. the colour is white but I am not to bothered about colour.

Many thanks John.

Hi John

Can you go here (just click on the word in blue)

This is an ignition button that I think will fit.

From what I can see, the spindle on your igniter is round and not D shaped.

If you find that this does not fit, E spares will always take it back

If you need more help, please just ask
In the meantime,

Can I ask you to take a moment and rate my response? Please use the smiley faces which you should now see. Please remember you are rating me personally, not the website or the problems you have had with this machine.
If you need to ask me anything after rating, please just follow the link in the welcome email