Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.

My sons BEKO 22300X oven stopped working (blew the MCB and

My son's BEKO 22300X oven stopped working (blew the MCB and RCD on CU)
On examination, the element had blown and I obtained a replacement from Buyspares and fitted the same although like one of your previous customers, we had to take the oven out (screws from back) Oven is working fine now.
My question is that the old element like the new one had only the 2 feed wires going to them, the earth terminal had no connection/wire. Will the earthing be OK? I take it will earth through mounting screws to the cooker chassis or should I put an additional earth from the spade terminal to the earth of the supply though Beko had no such connection?
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be helping you with your problem today. If anything isn't clear, please just ask me.

You are correct, on this oven there is no separate strap for an earth.

The element is fitted to a huge range of ovens, some of which, do have the extra earth strap.

In this instance, Beko do not believe its necessary to earth the heater as the securing screws provide adequate earth bonding

If you need more help, please just ask.
In the meantime,

Can I ask you to take a moment and rate my response? Please use the smiley faces which you should now see. Please remember you are rating me personally, not the website or the problems you have had with this machine.
If you need to ask me anything after rating, please just follow the link in the welcome email

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

hi Rob, many thanks for your very quick reply and it is reassuring that this model does not have the use of the element earth connection. One additional query re this is if the RCD in his CU tripped out as well as the MCB, does this indicate that the cooker is on the RCD list of devices protected?

He has an isolation switch in the kitchen for cooker/hob but no socket. Flat is new, built 2/3 years ago

Hi Colin

The RCD covers everything that is attached to the consumer unit, so the answer is a YES.

It is also common in newer properties for there to be just the isolation switch, so thats OK too

If there is anything else, please just ask

Otherwise, please don't forget to =rate my answer well for me, so I get credit for helping you today