Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.

Hello, I just got a samsung electrician to have a look at

Customer Question

I just got a samsung electrician to have a look at the PCB control unit, but he says that the original fault is the heater. I'm a bit intrigued at that as the temperatures are ok while it works for the 5 hours, as I would have thought otherwise if the heater was at fault. What do you think?
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Rob replied 3 years ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be helping you with your problem today. If anything isn't clear, please just ask me.

Sorry for the delay in replying, I only just came on line and saw your question. Are you still looking for help with this?

Please don't rate my answer until we have explored all possible avenues. Please just use the reply button to contact me.

He may be right, but to give a better opinion, can you tell me the model number and the issue you are having?

Expert:  Rob replied 3 years ago.
Apologies for the problem in your being able to reply.
Customer services have now forwarded your message to me.

It sounds like it is the defrost heater that is the issue her.

If the Samsung technician has metered out the heater and found it to be pen circuit, then this will have to be replaced.

If this hadn't been the case, then the next most likely culprit would have been the PCB.

The Samsung technician has the advantage of actually being on site and being able to test separate components