Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.

Hi I have a Balay fridge freezer and I keep getting water and

Hi I have a Balay fridge freezer and I keep getting water and ice under the bottom trays. I have now switched it off and I notice that there is water in a hole (presumably a drain) at the back of the fridge is this a blockage,how can I clear the water. Thanks Nick
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Rob replied 11 months ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX X will be helping you with your problem today. If anything isn't clear, please just ask me.

Sorry for the delay in replying, I only just came on line and saw your question. Are you still looking for help with this?

Please don't rate my answer until we have explored all possible avenues. Please just use the reply button to contact me.

This is normally a drain.
Is there water pooling around this area and not going down the hole?

Thanks
Rob
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Hi, sorry for delay in getting back to you. Yes there is water pooling around the hole and not going down.

Nick

Expert:  Rob replied 11 months ago.
Hi Nick
No problem

Let me explain how this automatic defrost system works, then the cause of the problem

The plate at the back of the fridge, freezes then thaws automatically

The defrost water drips onto the channel

The water then runs down the slope and into the hole at the end

This is connected to a tube, which goes into a container at the back of the fridge, on top of the compressor.

From here, the water evaporates.

The cause of the problem is either a blocked hole or hose

To resolve, use a pipe cleaner or a plastic coated net curtain wire.

Carefully clear the hole and tube.

To make sure its clear, run some warm water along the ledge, it should run to the hole and go down the hole cleanly

Job done

If you need more help, please just ask me.
In the meantime,

Can I ask you to take a moment and rate my response? Please use the smiley faces which you should now see. Please remember you are rating me personally, not the website or the problems you have had with this machine.
If you need to ask me anything after rating, please just follow the link in the welcome email
Thanks
Rob

Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.