Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.

the detergent door on my Hotpoint Aquarius diswasher does not

the detergent door on my Hotpoint Aquarius diswasher does not open....and clues?please
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be helping you with your problem today. If anything isn't clear, please just ask me.

Can you tell me, does it finish the complete cycle normally?
Can you also tell me th exact model number, it should be on the door edge or door frame

PS Are you wanting to repair this yourself?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

sorry for the server went down..again...too many people trying an old telephone exchange

The model number is XXXXX serial no.36639440000.

The machine does a full wash-cycle, but the detergent tablet remains in the holder with the door shut.

Hi Denis

No problem about the delay

This is almost certainly a failed solenoid in the dispenser. This is what actually opens the flap.
Disconnect from the power. Undo the screws around the door and the front door panel comes off.
You will see the dispenser, its wiring and the fixings. Make a note of the wiring, or take a photo.
If you have a meter you should test the solenoid and if its open circuit you will need to replace the dispenser

Please go here for the spare. Just click on the word in blue.

Replacing it is just a matter of undoing the retaining screws and swapping over the wiring

If you need more help, please just ask. In the meantime,

Can I ask you to take a moment and rate my response? Please use the smiley faces which you should now see. Please remember you are rating me personally, not the website or the problems you have had with this machine.
If you need to ask me anything after rating, please just follow the link in the welcome email