Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.

We furnished our new kitchen in the autumn of 2010 with Bosch

We furnished our new kitchen in the autumn of 2010 with Bosch appliances believing them to be good quality products. On the weekend before Christmas our dishwasher stopped functioning and a local engineer advised us that it was not economically repairable, so due to the proximity of Christmas and the great need for a dishwasher we replaced it quickly.
Now, the condensor tumble dryer, purchased in 2010 has also failed - the drum has begun to disintegrate around the edges producing sharp metal pieces and damaging clothing. I am astounded that two of the Bosch items purchased just over 2 years ago should have let me down so badly. Can you advise the cost of a new drum and belt for a WTE843SOGB? what should this cost in fitting charges or should we bin this item and replace - but it is unlikely to be another Bosch appliance.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX X will be helping you with your problem today. If anything isn't clear, please just ask me.

Sorry for the delay in replying, I only just came on line and saw your question. Are you still looking for help with this?

Please don't rate my answer until we have explored all possible avenues. Please just use the reply button to contact me.

Im sorry you have had such a bad experience with these.
Bosch is generally a good brand and should last for many years.

If this needs a complete drum, it will be very expensive. however there may be a cheaper of an all inclusive repair as this would include all parts needed for the repair.

Can you just recheck that model number though, a it doesn't show up as being correct
Thanks
Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Rob, thanks for getting back to me. However, as we needed to move on due to a dislike of crispy towels! i went on the internet looking for suppliers of graded appliances and found there was one within 2 miles. I have purchased and collected a brand new machine (not a Bosch - never again) within an hour at a cost of only £199 with a warranty. So, if you want a broken bosch dryer let me know!!! cheers

Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Hi Angee

Thanks for letting me know

All the best

Rob