Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

I refer to my previous question about the discharge pump not

Customer Question

I refer to my previous question about the discharge pump not stopping in my dishwasher. I followed your advice by tiling the machine 45 degrees to get the water out of the base, and it worked fine for about a week. The problem has now reappeared. So I suppose that I have a leak somewhere. Is there an easy way to retify this, or do I need to call in a professional? Or just replace the machine altogether?
Turn off the electric.
Pull machine forward.
Put towels down behind the machine.
Tilt machine back at 45 degrees.
Water will come out the back.
The machine should now be reset.
If this re occurs you have a leak and will need to find it and rectify it .
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be helping you with your problem today. If anything isn't clear, please just ask me.

Sorry to hear the issue has returned.
Can you just remind me of the make, model and age please?

Thanks
Rob
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Make: AEG

Model: OKO FAVORIT 5040 BIO

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Bought new in 1999, so it's about 14 years old.

Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Hi
Thanks

OK, I would say its worth looking for the leak and if its a simple fix, its worth doing. If it requires major parts, its time to say goodbye, sorry.

Do the same as before with the tilting back to get rid off the water.

Disconnect from the power and remove the lower kick panel under the main door.

You will need to lay on the floor with a torch and look into the space where the pumps are.
Set the machine running and continue looking to see where its leaking from.

If its a pump, its just not worth repairing due to the high cost of parts.

If you need more help , please just ask.

In the meantime,

Can I ask you to take a moment and rate my response? Please use the smiley faces which you should now see. Please remember you are rating me personally, not the website or the problems you have had with this machine.
If you need to ask me anything after rating, please just follow the link in the welcome email
Thanks
Rob

Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.