Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

Hi, I have a Siemens SE 56590 GB 12 dishwasher. Approx. 10

Hi, I have a Siemens SE 56590 GB 12 dishwasher. Approx. 10 years old. On a very regular basis I have the following problem: dishwasher program ends, machine clean and empty of water. Several hours later, the bottom of the machine has filled up with dirty water. We did get a service technician out a while ago, who said he fixed it. Except he did not. So, before I incur more cost, any suggestions what the problem may be? Thanks.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be helping you with your problem today. If anything isn't clear, please just ask me.

Sorry for the delay in replying, I only just came on line and saw your question. Are you still looking for help with this?

Please don't rate my answer until we have explored all possible avenues. Please just use the reply button to contact me.

This sounds like the machine is syphoning dirty water

Can you tell me how the waste pipe is connected to the waste plumbing? Is it to a spigot under the sink?

Thanks
Rob
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Rob
Yes, spigot under sink.

Regards

Michael
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Hi Michael
Thanks
OK, the clue is that the water is dirty.
This means the water must be coming from the sink
This often happens when the waste is attached to the spigot under the sink.

You must make sure that the waste hose loops upwards, after it leaves the spigot. This creates an air break and stops the waste water from the sink entering the waste hose as the water cant run uphill.

If the hose leaves the spigot and runs down hill, waste water from the sink can just run down the hose into the dishwasher

If you need more help, please just ask me.
In the meantime,

Can I ask you to take a moment and rate my response? Please use the smiley faces which you should now see. Please remember you are rating me personally, not the website or the problems you have had with this machine.
If you need to ask me anything after rating, please just follow the link in the welcome email
Thanks
Rob

Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.