Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.

Hello, we have Diplomat Softline 620 G, ADP 0100 oven & grill,

Hello, we have Diplomat Softline 620 G, ADP 0100 oven & grill, guesing, but probably around 8 - 10 years old.
The clock on the front with 5 buttons - until now we pressed one then set the time for the oven or grill to be on - no problems. However when we press the + or - right hand button to set the time the whole screeen goes blank - can you help?
Dimitri (in Windsor, Berks), on 0789(NNN) NNN-NNNN
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be helping you with your problem today. If anything isn't clear, please just ask me.

Sorry for the delay in replying, I only just came on line and saw your question. Are you still looking for help with this?

Please don't rate my answer until we have explored all possible avenues. Please just use the reply button to contact me.

Im sorry, this sounds like a faulty clock.
Are you able to use the oven or grill at all? Does the clock run?
Can you recheck the model number please
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

We have manual - stating Diplomat Softline 620 G, built in gas oven and grill, natural gas models, ... at the bottom of the first page states ADP 0100 (Stainless Steel).

There is no light for the clock at all. Yesterday the clock came back on. but as soon as we turned the oven on and pressed the button (second from the left) and then the + button (1st on the right) the clock went off.This means we can't light the grill at all. The top part of the stove works fine as before.

So there may be a loose connection as ne possibility. The question is can we open the box somhow or can / should we get an engineer to do this - if so whom. Or what other solution do you have?

Dimitri (0789(NNN) NNN-NNNN

The unit will need to come out of its housing.

As this is a gas appliance t is not recommended to disconnect the gas pipes etc.

Maybe the best way forward is a fixed price repair.

Can you tell me your post code and ill check the cost and we can take it from there

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

4 Elm Road, Windsor, SL4 3ND

OK, the cheapest "ALL IN" quote I can get you is £125

This includes the call out, all parts, all labour and the VAT.

If it is the timer, this will be the cheapest way of getting this repaired.

Please see here for details

If you need more advice, please just ask.
In the meantime,

Can I ask you to take a moment and rate my response? Please use the smiley faces which you should now see. Please remember you are rating me personally, not the website or the problems you have had with this machine.
If you need to ask me anything after rating, please just follow the link in the welcome email