Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

cda cw 494 will start and fill with water, can hear a sort

cda cw 494 will start and fill with water, can hear a sort of dithering sound, and machine does not wash but will empty. is there a separate pump for the wash cycle, that seams to be the problem. how do I get to it?
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be helping you with your problem today. If anything isn't clear, please just ask me.

Sorry for the delay in replying, I only just came on line and saw your question. Are you still looking for help with this?

Please don't rate my answer until we have explored all possible avenues. Please just use the reply button to contact me.

On this model there are indeed two pumps. One to circulate the water, the other to discharge the water.
If everything else seems to work, but there is a humming type noise when it should be washing, this is going to be the circulation pump.

This is located behind the kick panel, under the main door.
This motor has a run capacitor and it may be that just this is faulty.

Let me know what you find

Thanks
Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Kick panel removed, pump in question can be seen right hand side. Is this fastened down or just located by the pipework? I assume I need to remove the pump.

>

Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Hi Paul

from memory, its sitting on a rbber suspension piece.

If you can get it out this way, you will need to take off te lid, then the two sides then dismantle the tub off the base.

Once the pump is out, first see if its siezed and let me know

Thanks
Rob
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Machine repaired and up and running, here's some info to help you if you are asked again. To remove pump, undo the pipe-work and pull the pump out, it has a spigot on the back that locates in a grommet. The original pump fitted is an Askol marked M95 art 295106 Cod 461972474391 This is a strange design without a run capacitor and has a magnet in the impeller shaft, they are known for being unreliable. I bought and fitted a new pump conventional design (with capacitor) cost was £66-00. Hope you find this info of use. Paul