Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.

i just took the bottom off my Beko dwd4310w dishwasher, as

Customer Question

i just took the bottom off my Beko dwd4310w dishwasher, as I suspect the drain pump is blocked. Now I have no idea what the drain pump looks like. Can you help?
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be helping you with your problem today. If anything isn't clear, please just ask me.

Sorry for the delay in replying, I only just came on line and saw your question. Are you still looking for help with this?

Please don't rate my answer until we have explored all possible avenues. Please just use the reply button to contact me.

If you follow the waste hose into the machine, the pump is attached to it

If you need a replacement part, please let me know?

Thanks
Rob
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Actually I also noticed the following: there's a plastic receptacle which is filled with water, where the salt goes. Next to that is a further, cylindrical container which looks as though it's full of grease. This is a whole unit, and I'm unsure as to how I can detach it and empty it.

Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Hi Gina

you are describing the water softener

This is a a single unit split into two.
Half contains the salt the other half is resin. This should be brown in colour and granular, a bit like demarara sugar. If it doesn't look like this something is amiss. Do you regularly top up the salt?

Thanks
Rob
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Oh that's ok then, I was well ready to empty it out! As you can tell I know naff all about all this, but must fix my dishwasher and can't afford a call-out. So I'll persevere with the pump thing, not right now though as it's saturday and have had a couple of glasses of wine. So will attempt to remove the pump tomorrow in order to wash said glasses and see how we go! Thanks for now.

Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Hi Gina

Lol, good luck with it, let me know how it goes.
If you need more help, please just ask me. In the meantime,

Can I ask you to take a moment and rate my response? Please use the smiley faces which you should now see. Please remember you are rating me personally, not the website or the problems you have had with this machine.
If you need to ask me anything after rating, please just follow the link in the welcome email
Thanks
Rob

Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thanks for checking, am just flummoxed by how to even remove the pump, so not sure what to do. I see where it is, but there's all these clips and pipes to sort . Am an intelligent person but completely impractical!

Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Hi Gina
Unfortunately, you are right.
When a manufacturer makes an appliance, little thought is put towards how to work on it in the future.
Its all about how to make it in the least possible time.

All the best

Rob