Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  EPA Certified HVAC

we have a hoover optima 1600 washing machine water collecting

we have a hoover optima 1600 washing machine
water collecting in filter and drum of machine. Have checked the drains no blockage
Is there water comming in after the washer has completed the cycle or is there water left after the cycle finishes ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

after the wash is complete and sometimes when not in use

okay so water is entering after,this is an electronic fill valve issue. the valve is not shutting tightly after the wash is done allowing water to seep in. you will need to replace the fill valve. Valves vary and I cant pull up your machine parts, the valve is located where the water lines connect from the hose. it will be similar to this, Water Inlet ValveNNN-NN-NNNNMain Product View color may differ. you need to order and replace the valve.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

can i get one of these valve replacements from a diy store or do i have to order one from hoover ? any suggestion would be very much appreciated .

Sorry was on lunch break, DYI stores usually don't carry these. I would contact Hoover and give them your model number and they can ship it to you. thanks and best wishes, Bryan