Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

Hotpoint LFT04 dishwasher

Hotpoint Dishwasher LFT04 Power light and intensive wash light flashing. Machine switches itself back on when I tried to close it down by holding down power button. To shut it down I have to disconnect at the plug. Please help I am desperate

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be helping you with your problem today. If anything isnt clear, please just ask me.

Can you tell me, when its switched on, does it sound like there is a pump running constantly?
If there is, does it stop if you open the door?
Lastly, is this integrated or free standing?

Thanks
Rob
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Rob

its an integrated machine .

pump runs when door is open or closed when I connect plug

Hi Eileen

Thanks

It sounds like the machine has water in the base, where the pumps are.

This sets the flood guard and the discharge pump will run continuously in an effort to protect the electrics in the base.
Turn off the electric.
Remove the lower kick panel under the main door.

Look in there. It should be dry and I think its wet.

Dry this out carefully

The machine should now be reset.
If this re occurs you have a leak and will need to find it and rectify it .

If you need more help, please just ask me.

In the meantime,

Can I ask you to take a moment and rate my response? Please use the smiley faces which you should now see. Please remember you are rating me personally, not the website or the problems you have had with this machine.
If you need to ask me anything after rating, please just follow the link in the welcome email
Thanks
Rob

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I removed kick panel under door and it is dry there no water has gathered at all. Any other suggestions?
Hi Eileen

There should be a float device in there which activates when there is water in there. Im trying to get a picture of it to send to you.
This must be in the lowered position, otherwise it will activate the pump constantly.

Can you pour a bowl of water into the machine and run it for a couple of minutes then open the door.
Let me know what has happened to the water. This will confirm that it is indeed the discharge pump that is running

Thanks
Rob
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I tried putting water in it before and it emptied o.k.
Hi Eileen

OK, then it is what I thought.
The machine has activated the discharge pump .
This is either due to the float switch as previously mentioned or its due to a bad circuit board.
If the base is not wet and the float is in the lowered position, it would indicate a faulty board.
because of its complex electronics, its not possible to test this board at home.

Under these circumstances I would suggest an all inclusive repair as this includes all parts needed for the repair. The board is expensive, sorry.

The cheapest all in quote I think will be £125
Can you tell me the age of the dishwasher and your postcode please and ill check
Thanks
Rob
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Dishwasher bought in January 2010 my postcode is KA6 6EN
Hi Eileen

Thanks

Ok there are two
One is £119. For this please call Repaircare on 0844(NNN) NNN-NNNNbr/>The other is £125. For the details please see here

They both include the call out, all labour, all parts and the vat.

If it is the board, this will be the cheapest way to get this repaired as the part is so expensive.

Sorry it wasn't an easy fix for you on this occasion.

Please just ask me if you need more advice, otherwise please don't forget to rate my responses

Thanks
Rob
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thanks Rob. I called the 1st number you gave and they have arranged an engineer for this Friday 26th April.
They will supply the pcb if required and the overall charge covers the part as you said.
Thank you for you help and patience today. I feel a bit more confident that I will at least know what an engineer is talking about when he calls.
I am the least technical person and just don't like being taken advantage of by unscrupulous tradesmen.
The repair will cost £119 as you stated but having checked the cost of parts online this does indeed seem the best option.
Thanks again.
Hi Eileen

Your very welcome

Good luck with the repair.

Thanks
Rob