Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.

our aeg favorit doesnt drain the water meaning the control

our aeg favorit doesnt drain the water meaning the control swich sticks in same position
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be helping you with your problem today. If anything isn't clear, please just ask me.

Sorry for the delay in replying, it seems that no one else has picked up this question. I only just came on line and saw your question. Are you still looking for help with this?

Please don't rate my answer until we have explored all possible avenues. Please just use the reply button to contact me.

This could be a failed drain pump.
Can you tell me the model number please?
Also, When you start a new cycle, do you hear the drain pump start at the very beginning?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

morning rob - model no is favorit 5040 1-m - not sure if pump turns on - the cycle clicks on and it starts the wash programme then sticks at the rinse programme with all the water left in the bottom

Hi David
I suspect this is the drain pump or the hose is blocked.

Is the waste hose connected to the waste under the sink, or is it in a separate stand pipe?

Can you try this.
Place a bucket on the worktop
Put the end of the waste hose into the bucket and start a new cycle.
It should start by pumping water into the bucket.
Then the machine should fill
Then it should wash

Let me know what happens

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thnaks rob will do as u suggest however suspect its the water pump problem is the unit is over 10 yrs old so maybe it on its last legs .. dam it ...

Hi David
Let me know what you find, all is not lost!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

sorry delay checked everything the washing cycle starts but the water not pumping out hence almost certainly the pump has broken ....

Hi David

In that case you either have a failed pump, or the hose or pump are blocked.

Check the hose for a blockage.

If its the pump, would you want to call it a day or try and replace it?

In the meantime,

Can I ask you to take a moment and rate my response? Please use the smiley faces which you should now see. Please remember you are rating me personally, not the website or the problems you have had with this machine.
If you need to ask me anything after rating, please just follow the link in the welcome email