Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

Hi We have a five year old siemens telescopic extractor

Customer Question

Hi

We have a five year old siemens telescopic extractor in the kitchen which although the lights are fine, since last night it doesn't seem to have any power (none of the buttons do anything)? There doesn't appear to be a wall switch for it. Any suggestions please?
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be helping you with your problem today. If anything isn't clear, please just ask me.

Sorry for the delay in replying, it seems that no one else has picked up this question. I only just came on line and saw your question. Are you still looking for help with this?

Please don't rate my answer until we have explored all possible avenues. Please just use the reply button to contact me.

This sounds like its the main board.

First thing you need to do is to isolate it from the power.
If you cant find the switch, turn the lights on and then turn off the fuses one at a time.
Then you can at least isolate the hood to work on it.
Can you tell me the model number please?

Thanks
Rob
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Rob

I am at work at the moment but when I get home I will check the fuse board and do as you suggest. I will also attempt to locate the model number. It will probably be tomorrow before I can get back to you is that ok?

Thanks

Pauline

Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Hi Pauline
Thats fine
Post back when you can and ill try and help you with it

Rob
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Rob

The plot thickens! If I slightly wiggle the hood left to right it comes on! There doesn't seem to be any model identification on it.

Its quite thin from the front in matt steel. You pull the front out and underneath are two metal filters which can be removed for cleaning.

Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Hi Pauline

OK, you have a loose connection here.

You need to look for where the wiring comes into the machine. My best guess is that one of the wires is loose, where it connects into the main hood.

Unfortunately, without a model number I cant be more specific, but it definitely sounds like a bad connection there.

REMEMBER TO ONLY WORK ON THIS WHEN YOU HAVE TURNED OFF THE SUPPLY.

If you need more help, please just ask.
In the meantime,

Can I ask you to take a moment and rate my response? Please use the smiley faces which you should now see. Please remember you are rating me personally, not the website or the problems you have had with this machine.
If you need to ask me anything after rating, please just follow the link in the welcome email
Thanks
Rob

Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Many thanks Rob.

Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Hi Pauline,
your welcome
Thanks for the rating, appreciate it
All the best

Rob