Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.

My freeezer wont stay frozen without the override boost switch

My freeezer wont stay frozen without the override boost switch on, but thats more expensive on electricity, I concluded probably themostat or the compressor starter is it repairable or is time for a new one (£150 from currys)
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be helping you with your problem today. If anything isnt clear, please just ask me.

Sorry for the delay in replying, it seems that no one else has picked up this question. I only just came online and saw your question. Are you still looking for help with this?

Please don't rate my answer until we have explored all possible avenues. Please just use the reply button to contact me.

This could be a problem with it having lost some gas.

When you turn off the bosst switch, do you still hear the compreesor switch on and off?
Can you tell me how old this is and the make and model number please?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Royzee / Rob

The freezer is about 3 years old model Icetech/Norfrost c5/c6 and the motor/condensor only appears to operate when the boost button is on.

Hi Paul

It sounds like it could be a thermostat issue as the fast freeze button just over rides the thermostat and brings the compressor on.

Are you wanting to try and test this yourself or were you looking for a repair?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Cheers Rob confirmed what I thought Next decision repair or replace ( New freezer £150 )

Hi Paul

If you can do it yourself the thermostat would be around £30 to £40

If you need someone to do it for you, probably £100 to £120 depending on where you are.

If you need more help, please let me know

In the meantime,

Can I ask you to take a moment and rate my response? Please use the smiley faces which you should now see. Please remember you are rating me personally, not the website or the problems you have had with this machine.
If you need to ask me anything after rating, please just follow the link in the welcome email