Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.

Hi, I have a Beko freezer TDZA524F which has just started beeping

Hi, I have a Beko freezer TDZA524F which has just started beeping continually. I've checked that the door closes properly. I've also switched it off overnight and defrosted it (although there wasn't much water) yet whenever I restart it it beeps continually.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be helping you with your problem today. If anything isn't clear, please just ask me.

Sorry for the delay in replying, it seems that no one else has picked up this question. I only just came on line and saw your question. Are you still looking for help with this?

Please don't rate my answer until we have explored all possible avenues. Please just use the reply button to contact me.

The beeping noise is normally a warning of high temperature.

Assuming it has been left switched on, is it still beeping?
Has the inside temperature lowered?
Can you hear the compressor running?

Can you also re check the model number please?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Rob, the model number is XXXXX (I checked at lunchtime). It had started beeping for no reason and there was no indication that the temperature was off (there is a temperature warning light). We switched it off overnight and it started beeping once it had been on for around a minute. It continued to beep even though the temperature had returned to -20C.

It has been fully defrosted and effectively switched off for around 36 hours and yet it continues to beep when switched on.

Hi Steven

if the temperature is correct and the door is closing correctly, this would indicate a faulty control board.
There are two on this model and I am unable to tell you, at a distance, which may be the faulty one.
Can you tell me how old this is?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I think it's about 18 months old. I've been trying to find the sales email to check whether it's in warranty, although I think it's over a year.

I have a choice as to whether to get a Beko engineer out at £81 plus parts, or buy a new freezer! How much would a control board cost?

One of them is £15 the other is £34.
The warranty on this is for 12 months.

The only other option is an all in price which includes all the parts, labour and Vat

Thats £125 all in.

Do you remember how much you paid for it?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks Rob, I think I paid around £300 for it. It sits in the garage and has to date been fine. I'm a bit annoyed if that's the fault but I suppose it's cheaper than buying new. I would consider someone other than Beko for the next one though.

Hi Steven

If im totally honest with you, Beko is built to a price, rather than a standard or a quality.

Id go for the repair as these boards are not good. If you replace it yourself it could fail again and there is no warranty. If you get it replaced the parts are guaranteed for 12 months at least

Please go here for the fixed price

Sorry it wasnt great news

Can I ask you to take a moment and rate my response? Please use the smiley faces which you should now see. Please remember you are rating me personally, not the website or the problems you have had with this machine.
If you need to ask me anything after rating, please just follow the link in the welcome email