Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

De Dietrich induction hob DTI304. Mains power swich cut out

De Dietrich induction hob DTI304. Mains power swich cut out and when reset only LH rings work, RH cannot be switched on.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be helping you with your problem today. If anything isn't clear, please just ask me.

Sorry for the delay in replying, it seems that no one else has picked up this question. I only just came on line and saw your question. Are you still looking for help with this?

Please don't rate my answer until we have explored all possible avenues. Please just use the reply button to contact me.

This sounds like the main power board has failed.
Try resetting it.
Disconnect from the power for an hour and try again.
Let me know what happens.
Can you also tell me how old this is please?

Thanks
Rob
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks Rob.

Appliance is over 5 years old. I assume you mean the power board within the appliance. I have already swiched off the mains RCD switch then on again, but for less than an hour. I shall try again for an hour then get back to you.

Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Hi
Thanks
Yes, I suspect its the board inside the hob.

Let me know what happens.

Thanks
Rob
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Rob,

Have switched on and no change ie RH front and back rings do not light up.

Why would half the rings still work if power board gone u/s?

If it would help I can try to get model and serial no but involves sticking my head in cupboard to read upsidedown label on bottom of appliance.

Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Hi
Thanks
The board deals with all the rings separately, but two use common parts, so if the board goes, it often takes out two of the rings.

Unfortunately there is no cheap solution to this, there is also no way for the homeowner to test the complex electronics of these units.

I think the best way forward is to see if I can get you a fixed price repair on this as this will include all parts needed.

Can you let me have your postcode please?

Thanks
Rob
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks Rob.

TN21 8LX (East Sussex)

Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Hi

Thanks
Because of the type of hob and the make, the quotes are really expensive, sorry.

The cheapest is here at £125

They do not say induction hobs are excluded so you should be OK with them.

I think any other way is going to be too expensive.

If you need more help, please just ask.
In the meantime,

Can I ask you to take a moment and rate my response? Please use the smiley faces which you should now see. Please remember you are rating me personally, not the website or the problems you have had with this machine.
If you need to ask me anything after rating, please just follow the link in the welcome email
Thanks
Rob

Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.