Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

We have a Zanussi Jetsystem 1600 washing macnine, and the drum

We have a Zanussi Jetsystem 1600 washing macnine, and the drum has not properly drained. We have checked the filter, which is not blocked, and even after seeking to drain the machine, we can still hear that there is water in the drum. Is there anything further that we can do, or will we require a replacement pump?
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be helping you with your problem today. If anything isn't clear, please just ask me.

If you have taken the filter out, this is at the lowest point of the machine, so any water that was in the drum, should have come out now.

Was there anything in the filter when you took it out?

Can you tell me what makes you think there is water in the drum? Can you see it in there?

Is the door still locked?
Thanks
Rob
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the response. The only thing that was in the filter were two small copper coins.

Having rechecked the machine, I do not think there is any water left in the machine now. The door can be opened, so it would seem that the best option will be to try the machine again, and if it fails mid-cycle again, I can revert back to you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Following my recent response, I have tried to start the machine on a 1 hour 30 minute superquick wash, and the light is showing that the feature is locked, and it will not start.

Alternative options are simply resulting in the lock light coming on and or the Err signal deing displayed with the start button being shown by way of a red light as opposed to a green light.

Any suggestions?

Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Hi
When you started the cycle, did it take in any water, did it start the wash?

Thanks
Rob
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately, no water can be heard and the wash has not started.

Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Hi
This is a bit strange
Is the machine not showing an error code?

Is the door actually locked?

Can you tell me the exact model number please and Ill try to get some information

Thanks
Rob
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No error code is displayed.

The door can still be opened, when the machine is in the off mode.

Model number ZWF16581G

Product Number XXXXXXXXX 00

Serial number 845 00034

Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
HI

Can you try to start a new cycle.
Wait a moment, then try to open the door. It should be locked.
Then turn off the machine and see if its still locked

Thanks
Rob
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Hi
Can you also try this to get an error code

Turn the washer on to any cycle apart from the first cycle to the right.

Then press and hold the start button and the button to the left of it and keep them held in for several seconds. Then it will show up an error code E??

Let me know the code.

Thanks

Rob

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

E23

Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Hi
Thanks
this is shown as

"Malfunction of drain pump triac

This refers to the triac that controls the pump function on the main controller."

So, the chances are that the pump should be ok. It is the main circuit board that is defective.

This is an expensive item to replace and its not possible to test this item at home, due to its complex electronics.

In this situation I would suggest a fixed price repair, as this includes ALL PARTS needed for the repair.

Can you tell me your postcode and the age of the machine and ill get you a quote

Thanks

Rob

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks very much for all your help today Rob. I will rate your service after this reply.

Our post code is SG8 7QU, and our washing machine is 4 and a half years old. Given the likely cost involved, is it worthwhile having it repaired?

Much appreciated.

Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Hi
Your welcome.

The best way is to go here
You can see the set price is £125.

If you use the machine more than 4 times a week, you may want to consider putting the money toward a new machine.

If the use is less than that, I would have it repaired.
Zanussi is a good make, although things can go wrong.
If you decide to replace it, and you are a heavy user, I would not suggest buying a cheap machine as they are just not reliable.

If you need more help, please just ask me.
In the meantime,

Can I ask you to take a moment and rate my response? Please use the smiley faces which you should now see. Please remember you are rating me personally, not the website or the problems you have had with this machine.
If you need to ask me anything after rating, please just follow the link in the welcome email
Thanks
Rob

Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.