Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.

DME 112XU2 - Turntable & Microwave function have ceased to

DME 112XU2 - Turntable & Microwave function have ceased to operate. Clock and all other
work when operated by the keys. Light comes on in the oven when oven is switched on and goes out when switched off, but no microwave or or turntable function.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be helping you with your problem today. If anything isn't clear, please just ask me.

Sorry for the delay in replying, it seems that no one else has picked up this question. I only just came on line and saw your question. Are you still looking for help with this?

Please don't rate my answer until we have explored all possible avenues. Please just use the reply button to contact me.

If these two things happened at the same time, it is almost certainly an issue with the main board.
Can you tell me how old this is please?

Thanks
Rob
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thanks for responding.

The microwave is approx 12 years old.

The two things did happen at the same time

Regards,

Peter

Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Hi Peter

Thanks

OK, in that case it definitely sounds like the main control board.

Due to its age, I fear its not worth repairing.

The one option you may have is a fixed price repair as this includes all parts.
Can you let me have your postcode and ill get you a quote
Thanks
Rob
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi.

post code is : SK12 1BT

House name & number: Greensleeves, 2

Regards,

Peter

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Postcode: SK12 1BT.

House name and number: Greensleeves, 2, Anglesey Drive

Regards,

Peter

Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Hi Peter

Thanks

The price would be £125
Please go here to see the offer.

As you will no doubt be aware, 12 years is a good age for a microwave and you may feel that you would rather put that money toward a new one. The choice is entirely yours, but this will be the cheapest way to get it repaired.

Please ask me if you need more help.
In the meantime,

Can I ask you to take a moment and rate my response? Please use the smiley faces which you should now see. Please remember you are rating me personally, not the website or the problems you have had with this machine.
If you need to ask me anything after rating, please just follow the link in the welcome email
Thanks
Rob

Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.