Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  EPA Certified HVAC

my dishwasher keeps sparking and crackling electric the control

my dishwasher keeps sparking and crackling electric the control panel buttons flashing on and off when i move the door up and down i now have it unplugged but its half full off water
shut the breaker off right away first, You didn't put a make and model number in so I don't know what kind this is. you have a short or a bare wire in this. do you know where the sparking and crackling is comming from? is it up in the control or down towards the bottom of the door ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

its a whirlpool dishwasher model adg 7460 the sparking seems to be coming from the bottom of the machine when i opened the door to see the control panel lights on top of the machine started to flash on and off the machine is unplugged now there is no other wires near it only the main plug wire

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the model no is adg 7460 whirlpool dishwasher its unplugged the crackling seems to be coming from the bottom the lights flash when i move the door a small bit

okay there a short in the wiring that goes from the bottom of the machine to the control at the top of the door. usually this shorts where the wiring makes the bend and goes up the door. when you open and shut the door the wiring and the pivot point can break of chafe to where you have a bad need to open the door and check at the bottom the wiring near the bottom. make sure the power to the machine is off.